The Email control block lets you send email using an SSL enabled SMTP mail server.
You can drag an Email block and drop it inside a workflow working area when a green field appears. Doing so makes it a part of that workflow.
As the Text and HTML fields require an input and an output, in the example, the Assign block is used in the beginning of the workflow to specify the Variable and Value for the Input of the Email, and again at the end of the workflow, for the Output (result) of the Email.
Enter the information in the provided fields.
- AuthKey - by clicking on the field or clicking on the the base for a generic API authentication scheme, which you can extend if necessary. To create an AuthKey, follow the steps shown below:
button and adding it. Click the Save button to save the AuthKey to the block, or click the Close button to exit without saving. The AuthKey is used for providing
- Name - Type the Name of the AuthKey.
- Description - Optional.
- Service - Select "Email" from the drop-down menu (additional options will be shown after selection).
- Host - For Gmail, type "smpt.gmail.com".
- Port - Currently, the Port in the system is "465".
- Username - Type in the Email address from which the message is going to be sent.
- Password - Type the password for the Email from which the message is going to be sent.
- Auth Method - Choose the Auth Method, by default it will be set to PLAIN.
- Secure - true/false
- IgnoreTLS - true/false
- RequireTLS - true/false
- From - by clicking on the field or clicking on theAdding more detail to the "From" field as shown can also be helpful. The email address in the "From" field should match the address used in the related authKey. button. Type the Email from which the message is going to be sent. Click the Save button to save the Email to the block, or click on the Close button to exit without saving.
- To - by clicking on the field or clicking on theCommas may be used between email addresses in the "To" field to send to multiple addresses.
- Subject - by clicking on the field or clicking on the button. Type the Subject to which the email will refer.
- Text - by clicking on the field or clicking on the button. Type the Text which will be the content of the email.
- HTML - ???
Note : The example is shown with settings for a Gmail account and requires a Gmail App Password.
To disable the Email Block without deleting it, click on the Disable checkbox.