Associating Permissions with Roles
The permissions page is where the permissions for a specific role are defined. It is here the administrator defines what roles have access to what API calls as well as what permission for each API call.
Roles Management View.
Permissions Configurator View.
Before You Begin
Ensure one is on the "Permissions" page and has the appropriate entitlements in the system to make changes to the role. The "Permissions" page is accessible by clicking a row on the "Roles Management" page.
About the Task
This is where one associates the API permissions with the specific role he/she is editing or creating.
Procedure to Search
- On the upper left-hand side of the page, there is a magnifying glass that allows users to search for the name of the integration he/she would like to setup rolls against. The search will also search within an integration after the integration is selected in order to provide a quick way to find a specific API call one is looking for.
- Confirm the integration or the API call is returned from the search and one can select the appropriate set of permissions.
Procedure to Select Integration(s)
- Once the integration has been selected the user can drill into the integration if desired to further restrict API access. All one needs to do is at the appropriate level in the integration hierarchy, assign "View" and/or "Execute" permission to the role.
- After the boxes are selected from above, the user should see a few things:
- The "Permissions Total" count in the middle of the top of the page should increase as a new set of permissions have been added as will the "Folder Permissions" depending on the type of permission which has been granted.
- On the right-hand side of the page, the new permission should show up in the list under the "Path" column. The other columns should appropriately display the type of permission which was granted based on the boxes selected ("View" and/or "Execute").
- Repeat the steps above for each permission which should be granted for the role one is editing.
Procedure to Search for a Specific Permission
- On the "Permissions" page in the middle, start typing in the "Filter" box the name of the permission one is searching for.
- Confirm the permission is listed after the filter has been applied and the appropriate "View" and "Execute" columns are checked.
Procedure to Edit Specific Permission
- Under the "Actions" column, click on the three vertical dots to choose the action one is looking to perform.
- Actions include:
- Delete - This will remove the permission from the role one is currently editing.