Managing Roles and Permissions
The roles management page allows users to create and define roles, which users can be assigned to for defining his/her access to the system.
Before You Begin
Ensure the Roles Management page is open and the current logged in user has the right entitlements to make changes to users in the platform.
About the Task
This is how one associates a user to a specific role in the system. It is here where one defines what API call(s) the role has access to and whether or not the role can view and/or execute the API call(s).
Procedure to Create a Role
- Click the "+ Create" button on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- In the pop-up box which opens, enter a "Name" for the role as well as a "Description" to accompany the name of the role.
- Click the "Save" button on the bottom of the pop-up.
Procedure to Search for a Role
- On the "Roles Management" page in the upper left-hand side, start typing in the "Filter" box the name of the role one is searching for.
- Confirm the new (or existing) role is listed after the filter has been applied.
Procedure to Edit a Role
- Under the "Actions" column, click on the three vertical dots to choose the action one is looking to perform.
- Actions include:
- Permissions - This allows a user to make a permission change to the currently selected role.
- Delete - This will remove the role from the system.